Saturday, January 27, 2007

Wedding Shower!


So, today was our *surprise* wedding shower! It was held at the Villas of Sabal Trace Clubhouse and was thrown by Meredith's mom (Jackie), Meredith's sister-in-law (Casey), and Meredith's grandmother (Carmella). It was supposed to be a surprise, however, since Meredith's sister-in-law had to fly in from Ohio to attend, we pretty much guessed what was going on a few days prior! We had a lot of fun and it was really nice to see Jonathan's family along with a few friends we haven't been able to see for a while. It was so much fun!: the decorations were beautiful (and plentiful!), the games were completely entertaining (to the point where Mere felt like she was going to pee her pants a few times), the food and spiked punch was yummy, our cake was soo pretty!, the kids that came to the shower had fun and were entertained too!.....and of course all of the gifts were also lovely. :)

Mere's two favorite parts of the shower were:

1) definitely the warm wishes everyone sent us. I mean seriously, people had the sweetest/wisest advice and love for us. It was great and it really meant a lot to both of us. (Mere's mom sent out 2 little cards with the shower invitations for guests to write their favorite recipe and/or any advice they had for us...and that was an AMAZING touch. We're going to write them all out and put them together in a little keepsake book!)

-and-

2) The gift from my grandmother......*makes me want to cry just thinking about it!* :(*** Apparently 7 years ago my grandma was out shopping with my grandpa (who is now deceased). They were shopping and saw this nativity set that my grandmother thought was beautiful. She told my grandpa, "Red (that's what she called him) we should really get this and give it to the first grandchild that gets married." Now, it just so happens to be a Willow Tree Nativity Set, and I love Willow Tree (in fact, our "cake topper" is made by the same company!) so I really think it was MEANT for us! It's beautiful and the added memento of it having been picked out long ago, and having passed through my grandpa's hands...makes it so much more special...and emotional. When I opened it my grandma told me that I had to think of her everytime I put it under the Christmas tree each year. *cries* So, that makes it even better...I'm so happy that my grandma got to be part of my shower....and I'm lucky that she got to be part of the wedding planning too.

Click on the picture below to see photos from the shower:

No comments: